This article is written for people who have little or no experience in ‘paid advertising’ such as ‘pay per click’ but who are interested in getting started.
Hopefully this will answer any questions you might have, but ask away if you want to know anything else.
How much to Spend on Ads to acquire one new customer?
To know this ideally you should know your Customer Life Time Value (CLTV).
Say your customers on average order €500 worth of goods or services. They also on average make 10 orders during the lifetime of their relationship with your business.
That means a single customer is worth €5000.
The cost of your goods or services is 50% or 250 on average, so the profit you get from your customer is 2500.
That means your Customer Life Time Value is 2500 and we can be maximum 2499 to get that one customer. Ideally we spend a lot less to maximise the profit.
How will you know the Advertising Campaign is a success?
You need to have ‘conversion tracking’ set up on your website. This tells you all the important metrics, such as:
- How many people clicked on the ad
- What is the total cost of the ad click
- How many of those people clicked on the actions you want them to take (buy now, call or contact you, etc)
- What is the value of all of those actions people have taken
Using conversion tracking and other such metrics we can see exactly, what you’re spending, and how much you’re making and if we’re making a profit or not.
This is tracked using Google Analytics and the data is presented clearly in reports and graphs which update in real time, so you can visit this live report at any stage and see exactly how your advertising campaign is going.
Reducing the cost and increasing the profit.
Advertisers who follow the steps below get the lowest price ads.
- Keyword Relevance – Crafting relevant PPC keyword lists, tight keyword groups, and proper ad text.
- Landing Page Quality – Creating optimized landing pages with persuasive, relevant content and a clear call-to-action, tailored to specific search queries.
- Quality Score – Quality Score is Google’s rating of the quality and relevance of your keywords, landing pages, and PPC campaigns. Advertisers with better Quality Scores get more ad clicks at lower costs.
We spend time each month improving all of the above, to maximise profit of the ads and reduce the cost of the ads. This gives you the highest ROI possible.
How much should I investment in total?
We have three kinds of Paid Advertising services.
The cheapest is the DIY option where we help you setup your ads account and leave you to it.
The next cheapest option is the DWY or Done With You approach were we setup your ads account and give you a monthly hour video call to go over your ad account with you.
The best is the DFY or Done For You option, where we handle everything which maximises your ROI and costs you the least amount of time.
This is screen shot of a real recent client of ours. He’s making 3 x the amount of sales each day compared to the same day last quarter.
The costs for setting up an advertising campaign are:
- the initial account setup & on going optimisation and maintenance
- the cost of the ad spend
As an example a medium sized ad account would consist of 5 campaigns and 3 ad groups + 3 ad variations.
The initial account setup costs around 1K per month and includes the initial account setup plus the first month of maintenance, where we would ensure the ads are running well.
Plus at least another 1K per month on Ad Spend.
We recommend an Ad Spend of:
Small businesses spend 1-2K per month on ads.
Medium businesses spend 2-9K per month on ads.
Larger business 10K+
If you just want to ‘test the water’ we can trial out a very small ad campaign for approximately 1K for the first month or two, and move up from there.
What you’ll get
- Dedicated Account Manager
- Account Review & Goal Setting
- Keyword Research
- Account Structure/Restructure
- Campaign & Ad Group Creation
- Text Ad Creation & Optimization
- Advanced Bid Management
- Geo Targeting
- Basic Call Tracking
- Conversion Tracking
- Personalized Call Schedule
- Detailed Performance Reporting (weekly, bi-weekly or monthly)
- Landing Page Optimization Recommendations
- Transparency – You Always Have Access to Your Account
- Multi-Platform Advertising
- Advanced Call Tracking
- Landing page design, creation and optimisation
- On-site conversion tracking setup and optimisation
- Reputation management
- Search engine optimisation
Send us a message describing your business, competitors, customer and goals.